Biology Database Searching
- The National Center for Biotechnology Information
- NCBI : BLAST Notebook, for homology searching.
- Baylor College (BCM) Search Launcher, for homology searching and alignment programs.
- Entrez Browser, for finding sequences and searching MEDLINE.
- Saccharomyces Genomic Information Resource
- Proteome Databases including YPD (Requires login...go to Countway page for HMS login)
- The HMS Research Information Technology Group
- The Protein Database (PDB) for protein structures.
- GenomeNet WWW server
Scientific Journals and News
Note: Anyone associated with Harvard University can access many of these journals without a personal subscription by going through HOLLIS (here's a link for their e-resources entry page) or Countway's Digital Library.
- Genes & Development
- Molecular Cell
- AAAS and Science
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA
- EMBO Journal
- ASM Journals Includes MCB, J. Bact., J. Virol.
- Genetics. and the Genetics Society of America homepage.
- The Scientist online
- Cambridge University Press.
- Journal of Biological Chemistry
Seminars in the Boston area
- Biology Week. Boston area seminars, published by the Whitehead Institute.
- FOCUS, the newsletter for Harvard Medical School has a Calendar of Events
Materials and Protocols